An easy, effective method of spreading knowledge is through visual campaigns. We are bombarded with visual campaigns throughout our entire day. And even when we try to tune it out, the messages around us effect us. Sociologists and many others have studied this phenomenon for decades. PAVE uses the power of advertising messages to create change and raise awareness.
1. Pick the campaign that speaks to you and download the files.
2. Create a list of areas to "flyer" aka hang the posters (think local businesses, coffee shops, bookstores, telephone poles, etc.).
3. Build a team of volunteers who are interested in flyering.
4. Print enough copies of materials to post in your target neighborhoods (look for donated printing services such as asking your workplace, business contacts, or print shops).
5. Hit the streets and post/flyer away! Help spread a message of awareness to others and shatter the silence!